Celebrating at the inner Alster
French Augustin Lancelot de Quatre Barbes opened the first Alsterpavillon on 20 August 1799. During the 19th century the Jungfernstieg developed into one of Hamburg’s most famous destinations and the pavillon was expanded by a second building between 1835 and 1841.
Nicknamed “Jew Aquarium” during the Third Reich the Alsterpavillon was often used to stage Swing concerts although this kind of music was generally rejected by the National Socialists.
After its destruction in 1943 the café was rebuilt in its present form during the 1950s.
The Alsterpavillon offers a wonderful view over the Inner Alster. The event room with its own bar in the lower part provides space for up to 150 people. It is the perfect location to implement special and creative event concepts.
More Locations in Hamburg
- Diplomat – A Barge for special Events
- GAGA Eventlocation
- Hagenbeck’s Dressage Hall
- Historic “Kaffeebörse”
- Historic Marina
- The Altona HanseVilla
- The Brahms Kontor
- The Cap San Diego
- The Deck 10
- The Elbdeck
- Fabrik der Künste
- The guest house “Schöne Aussicht”
- The Golf Lounge Hamburg
- The Gut Pronstorf
- The historic Widow’s Residence
- The Holsten Brauwelt
- The St. Michaelis cross vault
- The Panorama Lounge
- The REE Location
- The Rickmer Rickmers